Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ammon and his grandpa

Isn't this seriously one of the cutest pictures?? Kelly took it this last weekend when they were here. Ammon took a shower with Lee every morning. In this pic he decided he needed pancakes before he needed to get dressed.

I could be very jealous about Ammon's relationship with Lee. I'm not because it is the cutest thing ever. The sun rises and sets on grandpa for that little boy. He is Lee's shadow and it is no wonder. Lee will do whatever Ammon wants to do, all day long. They wrestle, they play with Harley, they wrestle some more, they go to Mick's hot tub and wrestle some more. Of course he sleeps right in between Lee and I every night (I guess I am just lucky to be allowed to stay in my own bed). Lee wakes up early and the first morning Ammon woke up, he turned to talk to Lee and Lee had gone in the other room. Ammon bounded out of bed and started bawling, "Where's my grandpa?" When I go down to visit Kelly and family without Lee then I am okay, even kind of neat to Ammon and he sleeps with me and hangs out with me. When Ammon comes up here and Lee is around I am a nobody to him. Sure, I get an occasional hug or kiss from him when I askbut he is always checking out for Lee out of the corner of his eye.

Cohen is completely different. That is one busy kid, doesn't have too much time for either of us. He is always busy, always hilarious. They've taken the binky away from him except when he sleeps so he'd come by Rylee, steal hers, and immediately lay down like he was sleeping. It was hilarious!!

And Rylee is completely adorable and the BEST baby!

When they got ready to leave, Ammon was really sad about leaving "grandpa". He had to kiss him a couple of extra times and Kelly says he cried a few time on the way home about missing his "grandpa". Really, they have an unusually close relationship. Way cute. I'll be making trips down there by myself. Not that it will do me any good.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I can't believe how attached Ammon is to dad! Cute little relationship. Funny pic. I love that Cohen steals Rylee's binkie and then acts like he is sleeping. Smart kid!

Jami said...

Look at that little butt! He's so cute. He has always been Grandpa's boy, hasn't he? At least you guys still see him tons! And the other two are just as cute...

Lani said...

I haven't even read the post yet and am dying over that picture! hilarious!

Alex and Mitch said...

that is so cute how Ammon and dad are!!!

I am so excited to come home...seriously you have no idea. I bet everyone here is sick of me talking about it!

Kasey said...

That is so cute! I'm sure dad loves it just as much (if not more) than Ammon.
And Cohen pretending to sleep with Rylee's binkie is hilarious!

Mike Woods said...

How cute aunt Pam!