1. Why do we dread posting when it's been a while? I just can't do the catch up thing that so many do so brilliantly so I will pass on it and start anew.
2. Why do I feel a need/obsession at Christmas time to make every single treat I can think of? And then eat them. No wonder the 5 lb. weight gain. I took treats into work one day and the next day and someone said that it was like the 12 days of Christmas so I thought, why not? It is actually the 10 days cuz I started late. Am I crazy???? Certifiably so.
Here was the line up.
1. Christmas crack
2. Peppermint bark (cheated and bought Ghiradelli's-divine)
3. Poppycock chex mix
4. Pretzels with hugs and m and m's
5. Lindsey's and my favorite chocolate chip/butterscotch/peanut butter bars mixed with chow mein noodles, peanuts and mini marshmallows
6. Kisses, hugs and truffles (another easy day-went to Lee's work party night before)
7. Orange/craisin scones
8. Pistachio/craisin cookies
1 pkg Betty Crocker cookie mix
1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. melted butter
1 pkg instant pistachio pudding
Add 1 c. chopped pistachio nuts
1 c. craisins
Cook 350 for 8-10 minutes
made these tonight-really good!!
9. Danish Puff Pastry
10. Homemad caramels-ymmm!
3. Why do I always have a Christmas meltdown? Mine ocurred this year on Friday night. I had worked all week and we decided to have people over to watch the BYU game (yea Mitch for becoming BYU's all time point scorer during that game!!) I made clam chowder, pecan tarts, some craisin/almond cookies (more on that later), and spinach dip and then cleaned my house. After the tarts were done I opened my microwave to see the melted butter for the tarts in there. When I made the cookies, they just didn't seem right. Not sure what I did to them. Went to make lemon bars but was out of eggs. I went to bed about 11:00 in near tears from exhaustion and frustration. Got up the next morning to make lemon bars and used the 2/3 cup measurement instead of 1/2 c. and had to remake the crust. I may have done that to the cookies earlier.
We ended up having a great time-I made veggies and dip Sat. morning, lemon bars, cooked chicken wings, warmed up sour dough bread and we had fun eating and watching the game!
Well, I did it! Posted again so am back on the wagon! Hope all you women out there who do so much to make Christmas magical are surviving the season and finding magical moments for yourselves!