I just returned from Disneyland. It was so much fun. Going to Disneyland is kind of an emotional/spiritual experience for me. I got to relive my own childhood experiences there, experiences with my five children there and now create some new ones with grandchildren. No matter what your age, walking down Main Street just makes me want to skip, dance and sing! My usual visits have all taken place in the summer when it has been soooo hot and the lines soooo long and still I loved it. We went there Thursday and Friday and the lines were amazingly short both days. Loved it! Love California Adventure Park too! On Saturday we headed to Newport Beach and parked ourselves right outside a beach house we have spent a week at with our kids and my extended family. It was so fun to be back. I want to go again and again.
1. Getting to the hotel and Cohen running up to me and hugging me super tight and laying on my shoulder. His out of the blue declarations several times of "I love you so much Grandma" or "I'm going to miss you when you go home, Grandma"
2. Watching Ammon and Cohen's big eyes and uncontrollable excitement about our impending Disneyland Adventure.
3. Having my sister drive over from Mesa with Emily and spending a couple of days with us-so fun-not enough time.
4. Spending time with Kelly, Jody, Ammon, Cohen and Rylee.
5. Eating at Cheesecake Factory-love chicken madeira!
6. Getting cupcakes at Sprinkles.
7. Parade at Disneyland (it is amazing, floats are so cool and it is such a mini production!) and fireworks later that night.
8. Riding the Tower of Terror with Jody (my scary ride companion)-I was sooooo scared because I didn't know what it was about but loved it!!
9. Watching Ammon and his "crush" (Emily). After Julie and Emily left, he turned to me at dinner and, almost crying, said, "I miss Emily!"
10. Lots of deja vu experiences.
Thanks Walt Disney for being so creative and creating such a magical experience for so many people!