Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Home Alone

Lee's been gone this last week and I was home alone. I was on call this weekend so couldn't head to Kelly's so I had to tough it out alone. Luckily, it was a much better experience than the last time I was home alone. I actually had a great time and didn't get sick of myself so much. Of course, the fact that I was working most of the time helped. I had more adult conversation during the day and could then vegetate at night in front of the tv. I actually started a diet (Weight Watchers) - I desperately need to lose at least 10 pounds and didn't want to add to it with the holidays. I did some genealogy, cleaned out my closet and decorated for Christmas! Yes, you heard it right-Ms. Humbug already decorated! I hate rushing Christmas pre-Thanksgiving but I had the time and a quiet house so it seemed like the thing to do. Having decorated the house and simplified gift giving this year because we are now part of the name drawing, I think I am going to enjoy the holidays more. In fact I am getting out my Christmas music today. I'll start listening to it on Friday. Hmmmm, could Pam actually be getting in the Christmas Spirit? Never say never....

5 comments:

Kasey said...

Wow, mom. I am shocked! I think I must get my attitude about decorating/listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving from you. But you're messing up the system here!

Kelly said...

I love it! I am so glad that you are having such a great attitude about Xmas this year. Go mom!

Anonymous said...

Pam, Have a great Thanksgiving. Hug, Jody and family for me. Love your house inside and out. I know it must have been fun decorating it for Christmas. So thankful that my son married into such a close and loving family, even if they are across the U.S. from us.I miss them so much, especially this time of the year. Also, I am thankful you guys are such wonderful grandparents for my grandchildren. Feeling super blessed this year. Sorry, I went on and on. Cindy

Lindsey said...

can't wait to see the house! Just a few more weeks...! Glad you had some nice "me" time and enjoyed it.

Alex and Mitch said...

Wow...finally not hating Christmas...about time!