Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

The turkey and dressing are in the oven-smells delish! The weather is sunny and bright and beautiful. Kelly and Jody and family are here. My family is all healthy and happy. I have a lot to be grateful for. I love this time of year and this holiday especially. No commercialization, yea!! Just family and food-my favorite things. Of course, I wish all of my family were here but I am grateful for those that are. We have a few people who had nowhere to go coming over and are eating at 3:00. Menu is: turkey, dressing, mash potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, fruit salad, fresh cranberry relish, rolls and a relish tray. For dessert there is pumpkin pie, pumpkin bars, pecan pie, banoffee pie and lemon bars. Ymmmm! No Weight Watchers today for me!
Next year we are reserved for our condo in Snowbird, so Chris, Kasey, Kelly, Lindsey, and Alex here is your official invite to come! We go every other Thanksgiving there and it is so fun to be in the snow and enjoyeverything in Utah.
Hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy your families! We miss you so much Alex!!

5 comments:

Kasey said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Mom! Glad you had a good day.
I REALLY want to go to Snowbird next year...thanks for the invite! I will do all I can to get us there!
Love you!

Kelly said...

You know we will be there! I don't have to talk Jody into that one.

As usual the food was delicious tonight!

Heidi said...

That is nice of you to invite people who had no where to go- my husband know that feeling. V. Generous. All your desserts sound delish!

Alex and Mitch said...

pumpin bars....sounds yummy. I cant wait for snowbird next thanksgiving!!

Kelly said...

Hey mom I think it's time for you to change the background on your blog and post some pics?