1. Finishing my last year of nursing school at College of the Redwoods
2. Being a mom to Chris (he was 16), Kasey-14, Kelly-13, Lindsey-10 and Alex-5. Long time ago!! I was alternating studying with going to kids games and bringing along flashcards to sneak in studying when they weren’t playing!
3. I was wearing my hair in that frizzy perm style everyone was doing-yuck!
4. We were just getting ready to move into the house on Gwin.
What I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Being a nurse at General Hospital-working in OB at this time
2. Still a busy mom, worked night shifts.
3. I was totally into rubber stamping and was into online card exchanges.
What I was doing 5 years ago:
1. Nursing House Supervisor at General Hospital
2. Chris, Kasey and Kelly and Lindsey have all graduated from high school.
3. Hanging out with Alex, Natalie and Danielle a lot!
What I was doing yesterday:
At the pool at Pinewood Cove by myself-gorgeous day, beautiful sounds. Drove home about 3:30 to surprise Lee because I could tell he was tired of his alone time. We went to Live From New York for dinner, then he went to meetings and I caught up on my reality shows.
5 things on today’s to do list:
1. Visit 2 of my 4 people I visit teach, will send cards to the other two
2. Pack for Kelly’s-going to Ammon’s birthday party
3. Call Alex for updates on her love life (Go Mitch!)
4. Call my sister, Julie, to hear about her trip to Mexico
5. Get a new suitcase for my trip to Lindsey’s
5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Sweets!! Candy, cookies, cake, all of it!! Chocolate!
2. Wheat thins
5. Yoplait yogurt over cheerios-try it, it’s great!
5 things I’d do if I was a billionaire
1. Every year we’d have a spectacular family reunion I would pay for
2. Help each child get a house
3. Travel more and bring along family members
4. Quit working
5. Go to underdeveloped countries and use my nursing skills.
5 places I’ve lived
1. Mesa, Arizona
2. Provo, Utah
3. Blue Lake, Arcata and McKinleyville, California
4. Jackson, Mississippi
5. St. Petersburg, Florida (also Virginia Beach, Virginia and Visalia, California-last 3 when Lee was playing baseball)
5 bad habits
1. Spending too much money
2. Eating too much and/or eating just for the sake of the love of food
3. Talking during movies, tv shows (I drive my girls crazy with this!)
4. Interrupting others when they are talking-one of my worst, unstoppable habits.
5. Chewing and smacking gum all the time!
5 jobs I’ve had
2. Real Estate Secretary
3. Sold Avon
4. Sold for Lots of chocolates-a candy making company
5. Teacher’s aide
5 trivia bits about me: 1. I was voted "most talkative" in my high school graduating class of 356. My cousin was voted the same thing in her graduating class the same year at the other high school in Mesa. 2. I was a foreign exchange student to Cartagena, Colombia my junior year. 3. I was a bat girl for BYU's baseball team when Lee was playing baseball there. I tried out for the position solely to be around him more. Strategy that paid off. 4. Even though I was voted most talkative earlier, I think I am sometimes a little shy, somewhat of a loner now. I enjoy alone time. 5. My first car was a VW bug I bought myself for $400.
5 pet peeves: 1. Tip jars everywhere! I now need to tip someone for getting me an ice cream cone? What are they being paid for? 2. Dirty dishes in the kitchen sink. Hate this. Isn't it just as easy to put them in the dishwasher? 3. People who cross the double yellow lines to pass people. Especially on the winding road to Trinity Lake and almost kill people. 4. Answering the phone and noone is there. Another telemarketer call. Why do they call us on an automatic system and then not speak for 30 seconds. Don't they know it just makes us mad that we have to wait and then we are really not going to listen to their spiel. 5. Delayed planes, flying out of Humboldt County-takes way to much time out of my traveling schedule!
I tag anyone who hasn't been tagged yet!!