1. Being in the new house where we all had a bed and room to move around in. It was still messy, still chaotic but soooo much nicer.
2. Watching 6 of my 9 (10 in July) grandchildren play together, fight together, and quickly make up. So cute. We also got to see adorable Sienna before Christmas at Kelly's. We missed Kaden and Alexa a ton though! I loved all the kisses and hugs I got from them in between their having so much fun together. Ammon and Madison love each other, Cohen and Izzy were hysterical together and Kyle tagged along with everyone. Rylee was so sweet we hardly knew she was here.
3. Spending time with all of my children and all but one of their spouses. (Missed you Matt). My children are amazingly fun, cool, and beautiful and so are their spouses.
4. Hearing all about Jeff from Alex. How much fun is it to hear about new loves, plans, and stories. We were all enthralled, wanting to hear more. I feel like I know him already and think he is great!
5. Spending time at Kelly's before the onslaught at our house. It was so great to not have to plan meals, just help. It was also so wonderful to be in warmer weather with no rain. We had way too much rain here for Christmas!
6. Spending a girl's day out with Kelly, Lindsey and Alex. My favorite way to spend a day. (Missed you Kasey)
7. Lots and lots of delicious food. Tons of desserts. Ymmmmmm!
8. Watching old family videos of Christmas Eve performances past. We died laughing at old clothes and hairstyles. It tugged all of our hearts to realize how quickly time passes.
9. Adopting a new boy. Fabricio, 6 years old from Brazil through World Vision. We adopted him as a family instead of receiving so many Christmas gifts. Feels like the real spirit of Christmas. It will be fun to follow him through the years, write to him, maybe even meet him some day.
We always wanted one more boy....
10. Feeling the Spirit on Christmas Eve as we read the Christmas Story in Luke and sang Christmas songs. It was a tender moment as we reflected on the real reason for our being together.
I am so grateful for the wonderful husband I have been blessed with and the amazing children and grandchildren we have. I love when we are all together. It may look like a hurricane swept through the Iorg household at times but I cherish it all. The broken vases, scuffed floors and cluttered rooms can all be replaced. Our precious family memories can never be. Thank you family for all your love and fun personalities. You are truly MY favorite gift any day of the year!