1. Kauai is NOT spelled Kaui. I have spelled it for wrong ever since I first came here in 1999.
2. Kauai still enchants me. I love that it is so quiet, the beaches are not crowded, and it is so green and lush. It truly looks like I always imagined Hawaii should. A trip to Hawaii, any island is wonderful and fun but Kauai is special. Maybe because it was the first island I went to.
3. Every day at the beach should end with shaved ice. My personal favorite is pina colada and coconut. My favorite place to get it is the Wishing Well in Hanalei and yes, I had one every day.
4. Shaved ice is wonderful, but shaved ice with a snow top is out of this world. We were introduced to snow tops this year. That means you get a topping of sweetened condensed milk. Ymmmm!
5. It's fun to see the boy's heads turn as you walk past them. Of course, this is because I was walking with Alex and Marianna (aka Marz).
6. When you are a mother/wife there is no such thing as a complete vacation. However, I am grateful for a partial one.
7. I never want to go on a vacation again weighting as much as I do now. This is the upper limit!!
8. You can teach an old dog (or woman) new tricks. I got up on a surfboard! Never mind that it was just for 20 or 30 yards or that the waves were tiny-I got up!!!
9. Waking up every day to the sun is delightful. So is wearing shorts every day.
10. Always take a picture of yourself, no matter how bad it is, just to prove you were really there.
11. The last day of vacation always comes no matter how much you wish it away.
12. Vacations are never long enough.
p.s. Pictures to follow when I get home.