Thursday, April 23, 2009

Strawberries


Strawberries are getting into their prime and I'm hooked. I've been enjoying strawberries sliced with splenda at night and freezer jam from last year that is still fabulous on toast. I've clipped a few new recipes and tried one tonight. It was delish!



Strawberry-Avocado Salsa

1 c. finely chopped strawberries
1 avocado chopped
2 T. finely chopped red onion
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
½ t. grated lime rind
2 t. fresh lime juice
½ t. sugar
2 t. finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper, optional (I didn’t use)
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss gently. Serve immediately. Great with grilled pork tenderloin (how I used it), chicken, fish or tortilla chips.


I served it over the pork with sides of steamed zucchini with parmesan and fresh corn on the cob. It was a delightfully fresh, spring/summer dinner!


More strawberry recipes to follow.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Yum! Sounds so good. I am thinking I definitely need to make some freezer jam too.

Kelly said...

Sound good mom. I'll have to try it. Did you get your pork loin at costco?