Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Kelly, Happy Birthday Dad and Happy St. Paddy's Day

This is a picture of my dad, brother, nephew and nephew's cute son. Didn't realize I don't have pictures of my dad on this computer and too lazy to scan one!
















March 17th is always a special day because it also the birthday of two people I love-my dad and Kell Bell! I grew up thinking my dad was just about the smartest person I knew. You know what, I still think he is. I love you so much and hope you have a great day dad!


Luckily for me, Kelly is the one child who has stayed closer to home. I love spending time with her and her family. She is a fantastic daughter, wife and mother and I love her to pieces. I worked real hard on the 16 th of March, 1980 to get her out on my dad's birthday. I walked a couple of miles that day with my mother in law to the Blue Lake Fish Hatchery from her house after eating a huge turkey dinner. We got home and I ate a ton of pie. Then when I got to my house I cracked into a 1/2 lb. Crackle bar and scarfed most of it down. When I started having abdominal pains, it took me a while to realize it was labor. I thought I had just overeaten. Luckily she waited till after midnight to be born so she made it to March 17th. She was also my only unplanned pregnancy. Kasey was only 6 months old when I found out I was pregnant with Kelly. I called my mom just bawling. She told me the baby would probably be very special. She was so right. Love you Kelly and dad!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

happy birthday to my grandpa pat and kelly belly!!

love those two. only wish i could see them more.

love the bridal pic...ahem, i think i took it. :)

Alex and Mitch said...

Love you Gramps and Kel! Happy Birthday!

Kelly said...

Thanks mom! I love hearing the story about how I was born. So funny. I still can't believe Kasey was only 6 months old when you found out you were prego with me. Crazy lady!

Oh and Linds you didn't take the pic that was done by a photographer. Nice try. You took my engagement pics, and did a good job at those!

Lindsey said...

ah, dang. i was thinking i was pretty good there for a minute!!